KUALA LUMPUR, April 13 — The Home Ministry today denied claims by opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim that Israeli intelligence spies were working for a company involved in the Police Reporting System (PRS) project.
Deputy Home Minister Datuk Wira Abu Seman Yusop said internal investigations carried out by police revealed that all workers involved in the project were locals, except for one worker from India.
“The PRS System provides police management personnel with a database that can be used to monitor any type of crime category, criminal activity and other pertinent crime statistics within a particular district or in the community as a whole from anywhere in the country.
“The system will be installed throughout the country in three phases and Sabah and Sarawak during the fourth phase,” he said when winding up debate for the Supplementary Supply Bill (2009) 2010 at the committee level for his ministry at Dewan Rakyat today.
Last Tuesday, Anwar had claimed that he had documents to show that Israeli intelligence had access to strategic secrets of the country through Asiasoft (M) Sdn Bhd who were the sub-contractors for the installation of PRS.
Abu Seman said the first and second phase was undertaken by Sapura System Sdn Bhd (SSSB) and the third by Masterplan Consulting Sdn Bhd (MPC) which appointed Asiasoft (M) Sdn Bhd as the sub-contractor.
He added that all of Asiasoft (S) Pte Ltd’s shares were bought over by Asiasoft Global Pte Ltd which was registered in Singapore and not in Tel Aviv, Israel as claimed.
Abu Seman said 49 per cent of Asiasoft Global Pte Ltd was owned by a Singaporean by the name of Toh Kian Hong while the remaining 51 per cent belonged to Top Image Systems Ltd (TIS), a company where two directors were Israelis.
“Concerns of Israeli intelligence had come about during the transfer of shares in the company but the third phase of the project was already completed by Oct 2006, even before the restructuring exercise carried out by the company in Aug 2007. So the question of Israeli intelligence present in the project does not arise.
“The internal investigations carried out by police also showed that MPC had terminated the services of Asiasoft (M) Sdn Bhd on Dec 31, 2008,” he said.
He also denied allegations by Anwar that the RMPnet project, which was a two way communication system developed by Motorola Technology Sdn Bhd (MTSB) with MPC, had links with APCO Worldwide.
“RMPnet is a project to upgrade the communication system from the conventional analogue system used by police to digital, to ensure an efficient and effective system.
“MTSB carried out the project in accordance with the Apco P25 standards introduced by the ‘Association of Public Safety Communications Officials’ and known in short as Apco International.
“Apco International had nothing to do with APCO Worldwide which is a public relations company while RMPnet and PRS were two entirely different projects,” he said.
Abu Seman who also refuted claims that the cost of the RMPnet project had increased to RM999 million said the total cost actually remained at RM980 million. — Bernama
Kenapa setanan boleh lantik kekasih awal dan akhir dia Shamsidar Taharin isteri Azmin memegang jawatan yg tinggi dalam Phileo Allied Bank ta...
1. Apakah itu GST (Goods Services Tax atau Cukai Barang dan Perkhidmatan)? GST adalah merupakan cukai kepenggunaan yang berasaskan kepad...
Ummi Hafilda (adik Azmin Ali) menulis dalam blognya:- "Aku masih teringat, masa bagi keterangan di Bukit Aman, ramailah yang dipang...
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. Assalamualaikum WBT. Memandangkan saya ada menerima pm drp beberapa sahabat yg memohon saya menyiarkan coretan i...
L ihat gambar di sebelah...kalau tak silap yang duk mencium Anwar sampai tertutup mata Anwar (pasal stim dan syok leeee) adalah salah seora...
1. The original version is about 22 minutes, in high definition, in proprietary i-catch format , converted to general format for playback...
Arahan hukuman rejam terhadap penzina terdapat dalam kitab Taurat dan Injil tetapi tidak terdapat dalam al-Quran. Sila rujuk hadith-hadith m...
OK bleh click di sini untuk menonton semula Video Pelacur China Doll - Bahagian 2 Rujuk juga : Video Pelacur China Doll - Bahagian 1 ...
“Walaupun rupamu tidak kukenali, tetapi belalai mu tetap menjadi pooojaan hatiku" Menontonnya di blog Papa Gomo Video Seks Part 3,4,...
The video you ALL have been waiting for. Dont worry. No sexual acts in this video. This is the video where Anwar Ibrahim just came out fro...